CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 8, 2009

On A Wooden Bridge



It's not yet too late
To wash my skin clean of you.
The water beckons.


Amritorupa Kanjilal also writes at Rivers I Have Known: Books, Reviews, and More. Please visit her there! 

57 paper boats came floating back to me:

coffeeismypoison said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
coffeeismypoison said...

Who who?
Firstly...
breathtakingly beautiful, serene and gentle painting...
and i can say the same for ur wee little 5-7-5 haiku!
sigh...wish i cud write like u
or at the very least...jump into those beckoning waters and cause lovely swirls...

Anonymous said...

lovely lovely LGL!!! simply beautiful....


haven't had enough
your poems quench and I yet
am left wanting more!

Anonymous said...

wait wait....

haven't had enough
your poems quench and I yet
am left thirsting more!

there, that's more like it!

LGL....ur blog is so inspiring...am improving simply on comments!!!! :D :P

Al Walling said...

hey, for a post this short, it's terse and bang-on. liked it. :)

Kriti said...

Yet another Haiku... and what a subtle one!!!

I want to kill myself everytime i see one!!

(my inability to write a haiku is getting the better of me...)

I was reminded of the time I spent in Goa... the water actually was rejuvenating.. I came back a different person.. and i know people who'd actually vouch for that.

Surprising what it can do to you, eh?


But I was again losing my path when I read this.
You haiku came just at the right time.. it proved my danger alarm.
Can't tell you thankful i am for this one!!

:-)

Rajesh said...

Beautiful sanp.

lazyclick said...

Nice snap.

Amal Bose said...

beautiful.. :)

Ire said...

This is classic. I say this because I felt similar feelings two years back. Its almost like purgation.

Simply put yet profound.

Anya said...

i have a pimple too... : need some wash...


chrizwonderful painting..

Jennifer said...

Beautiful. It's never too late but sometimes we don't see the water beckoning.

Sakshi said...

Wow...just when I am still revelling in your previous poem about the monsoons..you go ahead and spring yet a beautiful one on me...

I absolutely love this one..

Anonymous said...

Ouch, so sad :(

Arnab Majumdar said...

That was obscure... to say the least. Leaves a lot to the reader's imagination... and a thousand things come running into my head right now!

Great way of writing. First Haiku I've read which has this particular element in it.

Needless to say, I'm impressed... again! :D

Cheers...

Aniket Thakkar said...

You should also start doing Haiku Wednesdays... now that you've become a pro at it. :-D

Catherine Vibert said...

Look how well you've learned
The 5-7-5 haiku
You rock, you poet.

Onward said...

nahaane ka plan hai? ;-)...hehe

Deepa Gopal said...

Simply wonderful
girl,your haiku makes me lull
From whence comes your spell!!!

Thanks for your so very wonderful & inspiring comment. You made my day...err night, mid-nite here!And love you too:)

Catherine Vibert said...

Nice Deepa!

Karen said...

This is seamless and open and intriguing at the end. That, of course, adds to its effectiveness. For a while, I didn't even realize it was haiku. Now, THAT's well done!

P said...

ooohhh...deep :)

Anil Sawan said...

who who who?? :P

good one grl!

Arv said...

just a part of life eh???

brilliantly put :)

Kartz said...

It is never too late, is it?

Take the plunge!

Peace.

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

HEy LGL

thanks for the suggestions you gave...
i will try to work on them....

Actually its a dedication to someone and that person has liked it very much..so i continued..:P

from next time i wont make you impatience...

Hoping for a story from you..:)

Gagan said...

Hmm a Haiku.. and how beautiful!

Keep 'em coming! :)

Toon Indian said...

nice Haiku..with a snap to compliment :))

Paresh Palicha said...

You make it sound so easy :-) Sometime it may take a life :-)

What About The Girl? said...

That is some serious washing!
I am a fan of haiku.
Good one!

yoon see said...

I have a say with The Girl from Cherry Blossom Street, I love the painting and I can feel the joy of yours putting us to admiration:)

Great blog, great pictures and poems:)

Happy Mother's Day!

Akash said...

theres an uncanny trance in those few lines...wonderful....

Tanaya said...

Crisp..leaves a lot to the reader's imagination ofcouse.
If ever we have loved somebody..can we, with all our efforts, wash clean our skin of that beloved.
keep writing...belated "Shubho Pochishe Boisaakh"..do peep into my blog.... And yes..tht picture was nice as well :)

Me said...

Beautiful...

There is so much left to the reader's disposal as to how he/she will interpret it...

How do you say so much with less words?

The Sunflower Collective said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

A lovely picture... & really pearly slick words falling into depths of velvety mind...

workhard said...

Hi girl how u doing... LOng time..
Is that a Haiku..
Pretty good job..

lafemmereva said...

one tight crunchy post!

Sucharita Sarkar said...

Nothing is as quaint
As a wooden bridge on a
Gentle green river.

joaquin carvel said...

i can't tell if this is hope or regret - or a little of both - and i love that about it.

joaquin carvel said...

i can't tell if this is hope or regret - or a little of both - and i love that about it.

Anonymous said...

Brill haiku :)

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

pari- thank you, if brill means brilliant :)

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

joaquin- i cant tell either. starting anew is a bit of both, i guess :)

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

shucharita- brilliant :) very quaint.

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

workhard- good question, but by the standerds of the whales that visit me, it seems to have qualified :)

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

pradiptaa- your comment is a poem in itself :)

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

goirick- tor comment ta pore mon ta kemon jeno kore uthlo. khub shundor likhish...

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

harshita- am glad i achieved that :)

Amritorupa Kanjilal said...

tanaya- i am so glad it made you think :)

The Unsure Ascetic said...

hey lovely lines, dhamki huh? I am sure there is a degree of numbness too.

Zeba said...

Wow. This pic instills a sense of calm and serenity in my. Does well right before my exams!! VFery tensed about them. Love your blog as well! Thanks for stopping by. Keep visiting though!

Shravan RN said...

ohh i seemed to have missed too much of this blog :9 sorry about that. you know. my exams! could resist commenting on this,
as coffee angel said, serene and studied

Preetilata【ツ】 said...

not just beautiful it is but it is too deep in its meaning also.

loved it very much.

but i think more than a haiku, it is a senryu to be precise.

keep writting. :)

Stupidosaur said...

Yeah! Off with the greasy Fair and Lovely!

Stupidosaur said...

BTW that is some famous impressionist paining isn't it?

My DK Illustrated Oxford dictionary has this picture for the entry explaining impressionism.

Or was it different? Heck I am confused and the dictionariy is many cities away :P

Pallav said...

Simply spellbinding!